Senior Maintenance Technician
Chester, Nova Scotia
Sustane Technologies Inc. is a clean technology company focused on waste transformation. Sustane has developed and is commercializing a set of disruptive processes to transform municipal solid waste (MSW) streams into high value fuels and recyclable materials.
Sustane's core concept is the complete separation of MSW and their technology breakthrough delivers pure products that were not previously possible. The result is unprecedented value recovery and waste diversion levels with the potential to practically eliminate landfills in the future. Sustane believes that current consumption and waste patterns are simply not sustainable and that we must fundamentally challenge how we sustain ourselves on this planet.
Their first North American facility will be coming on line in Chester, Nova Scotia, in the Spring of 2018. This facility has a capacity of 70,000 tonnes per year of MSW. On behalf of Sustane, we are seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician to join their growing team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, supervising and/or coordinating all activities for the facility maintenance team.
- Ensuring operation of process equipment by developing and completing predictive and preventive maintenance requirements on process equipment including engines, motors, boilers, burners, process reactors, shredders, conveyor systems, and other production machines.
- Dealing with breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and technical specifications to troubleshoot machine malfunctions.
- Implementing a spare parts management system and maintaining inventory of critical spares.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations.
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation on each piece of process equipment.
- Developing and implementing improvements to mechanical equipment.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping and site cleanliness.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances at all times.
As the ideal candidate, have a Red Seal Journeyman Millwright ticket with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar position within a manufacturing facility. You are mechanically inclined, with familiarity with electrical systems and motors. The successful candidate will have experience diagnosing and improving the manufacturing processing using continuous improvement methods. Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are a must and the Senior Maintenance Technician will be required to support and assist the operations as needed.
If you are passionate about creating a clean and sustainable world for ourselves and for future generations and are excited at the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing Nova Scotia company, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can contact Rose MacAuley via Rose@venor.ca